Trusted Solutions for a Sustainable Future
Energy Recovery is dedicated to accelerating the environmental sustainability of customers’ operations in multiple industries. Three years ago, we embarked on our formal Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) journey to turn the lens on ourselves and provide our stakeholders further transparency around our company. We believe sustainable operations and products are fundamental to being a resilient business, and our ESG program offers a strategic roadmap for improvement.
Follow our progress in our latest ESG report.
2021 ESG Highlights
- Our ESG goals, set in 2020, are over 90% on track. The goals include both quantitative and qualitative targets relating to Employees, Environmental & Climate Change Risks, Innovation & Opportunity, and Products.
- A first! We’re reporting greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions so we can track reduction efforts going forward.
- Annually, we help our customers save nearly $4 billion in energy expenses and avoid 14.5 million metric tons of emissions.
- We have increased the amount of energy saved annually through our products by nearly 40% since 2019.
- We are expanding PX technology to other critical industries, such as wastewater treatment and CO₂ refrigeration.
- We’re improving safety through our ISO 45001 certification.
Our UNSDG Alignment
Our Focus on Sustainability
Building community partnerships for a more sustainable future
Just as our company is dedicated to delivering efficient and sustainable products to our customers, we are committed to supporting the local and global communities where our employees live and work with that same spirit. Our aim is to lead by example and empower our partners who share this purpose.
Ensuring accountability and transparency
As a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: ERII), our corporate governance efforts are focused on effectively managing risk and preserving long-term, sustainable value for the benefit of our shareholders, our employees, and the broader ecosystem in which we operate.
Awards & Ratings
MSCI ESG Rating “AA”
Silver EcoVadis Sustainability Rating
IR Awards: “Best ESG Communications” and “Best ESG Reporting among small to mid-cap companies”
Sustainalytics ESG Risk Rating: Top third of the machinery industry as of November 2022
2nd Runner Up for “Best First Time Report”
MSCI ESG Small Cap Leaders Index
THE USE BY ENERGY RECOVERY, INC OF ANY MSCI ESG RESEARCH LLC OR ITS AFFILIATES (“MSCI”) DATA, AND THE USE OF MSCI LOGOS, TRADEMARKS, SERVICE MARKS OR INDEX NAMES HEREIN, DO NOT CONSTITUTE A SPONSORSHIP, ENDORSEMENT, RECOMMENDATION, OR PROMOTION OF ENERGY RECOVERY, INC BY MSCI. MSCI SERVICES AND DATA ARE THE PROPERTY OF MSCI OR ITS INFORMATION PROVIDERS, AND ARE PROVIDED ‘AS-IS’ AND WITHOUT WARRANTY. MSCI NAMES AND LOGOS ARE TRADEMARKS OR SERVICE MARKS OF MSCI.
Copyright ©2021 Sustainalytics. All rights reserved. This report contains information developed by Sustainalytics (www.sustainalytics.com). Such information and data are proprietary of Sustainalytics and/or its third party suppliers (Third Party Data) and are provided for informational purposes only. They do not constitute an endorsement of any product or project, nor an investment advice and are not warranted to be complete, timely, accurate or suitable for a particular purpose. Their use is subject to conditions available at https://www.sustainalytics.com/legal-disclaimers.